Tuesday, December 9, 2008

From the depths of my files...

I am rummaging through all of my files at the moment finishing off our colour board for the interior of our home, and also for a new client. I found this gorgeous Kitchen by Sarah MacKenzie-Wood, who is a Kitchen Designer for Belle Matiere Interiors. I can't get out of my head these Belfast sinks with the bridge taps in silver by Samuel Heath for our own Kitchen.

Sarah has painted the cupboards in Warm Grey by Pascol (this is basically the same colour we are putting on the outside of our home...pics tomorrow). I love the little sitting area.

I have loads of cupboards in our Kitchen and love Sarah's idea of having one double door cupboard for food and the other one for glassware and crockery. I really need to go to Ikea and get some more of those baskets!! Oh, by the way, I have finished my little $5.00 sideboard and will show you some before and after shots tomorrow.
Ness xx

5 comments:

  1. Love that sink and faucet. I'm saving these images for myself! I just put in a bridge faucet by Rohl in my kitchen, but now I wish I would have seen this one! It is gorgeous. Barber Wilson also makes a stunning one.

    Don't baskets add extra texture and warmth to this kitchen? In my pantry, I store everything in baskets (paper towels, kids' snacks, etc..). It looks great.

    xo
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh can't wait to see your pictures tomorrow!
    By the way...tried the twitter thing but not sure how it works - you might have to explain it to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the images of this kitchen and built in cupboards - you can never have enough storage! Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Catherine, I am just trying to work it out as well. I think I am going to can it...just another thing I will have to keep on top of!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brooke,
    I adore the Samuel Heath taps. They are a beautiful silver with white porcelain handles. I have all of our little essentials in our Kitchen in baskets, even the mundane items under the sink are in beautiful wicker baskets...Mic thinks I am a little potty when it comes to baskets.
    I agree with you totally Amanda that one can never have enough storage...especially in the Kitchen,
    Ness xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, so don't be shy! I try to answer your comments via email and will add answers in the comment form as well. I appreciate you taking the time. xx