Monday, April 13, 2009

French Vanilla

You would expect this house to be in France...but no, it is in Tooting in the UK. The house is 'Elmbourne' and I am smitten with it. I thought I would take you for a look.
All through the house are these glorious French doors, which tease you into the next room. Like this view of the living room with its marble and cast iron fireplace. The parquet floors are beautiful and they are shown so well by the white interior.
I love the palette here of white, creams, bisque, grey and hints of green. The mouldings, cornices and architraves are just lovely. My Mum has one of those coffee tables...except Mum's was $10!!
Oh, bliss! Every detail of this place is divine. Every outlook from each room is just as beautiful as the last. I could just wander aimlessly around here for days and not get fed up. The Armoire is a nice touch to this library.

The dining would be a stunning lit by candlelight. I would have to add a huge clear glass chandelier though and some wall sconces...maybe a Aubusson rug under the table...and some fresh greenery in a big vase.
Another view of the dining room. I love the thought of the French doors everywhere. In a country like the UK, every ounce of light would matter and having no heavy doors to shut of natural light is a great way to keep the house looking open and airy...even in the depths of Winter.
The master bedroom is so peaceful, and pretty. I love the white floors, what a great idea...hehe! I must admit, putting the white painted floors in our own bedroom was the best weekend I have spent painting...ever!
Don't faint on me but...this is the dressing room just off the master!!! I know, you should see the shoe storage! Couldn't you imagine throwing open those beautiful doors open and seeing everything at a glance? This reminds me a little of Carrie from SITC's walk in that Mr Big made for her.

Another room...just as pretty with a little reading nook nestled under the eaves.

There are obviously lots of Women who live here. this is what I would imagine a little girls room to look like...all white and cream with hits of pink scattered here and there.

Last, but not least, the bathroom. I just think this is perfect. It is about the size of our bathroom and I have earmarked this for our file. I love the suspended sink under that superb mirror, the little make up area and of course the tub...just heaven.

I hope you enjoyed the little tour and your Easter. Ness xx

26 comments:

  1. Tooting! What a cute name!
    Wow, your bathroom must be bigger than my bedroom - because this bathroom is huge! You will have so much fun decorating it.
    I've never seen this house before, so thanks for sharing Ness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it is HUGE...a bit too big though. When it comes time to do this room I will be worried...its so big I have too many thoughts for it.
    Still having trouble with your blog. Not sure whats going on.
    Ness xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous house, Ness! The library is calling out to me. I would love, love, love to have a dressing room like that! I have pined away over Carrie's and wish Poor Tired Husband would follow in Mr. Big's footsteps and make me a closet like that!
    You are so lucky to have a bathroom that size! I can't wait to see what you end up doing with it.
    Happy Monday!
    xo Isa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will be watching for you bathroom - itis big - but gosh, what a wonderful problem to have !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wouldn't you feel like an absolute princess waking up there each morning?

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of the prettiest posts I've seen! Sooo creamy and dreamy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I am so very smitten too with this place. The doors are gorgeous and I think I need them in my house!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is the first house that actually has me considering redecorating. LOVE IT EVERY INCH! Thanks for sharing it~

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so in love with that dressing room, and filling it up would be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for the lovely tour!

    /helena

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is my heaven.
    *sigh*
    love it...
    Jolena

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ness these are so beautiful. And again, the way you describe everything makes it even better. it is just heaven! And Ness, I LOVE my pillow. Thank you so much for sending it in time for Easter! It is so perfect! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh for a dressing room! What luxury

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loving the high ceilings...gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE the library and of course the bathroom absolutely gorgeous NO way I could have such a decor with three boys :(
    Lynette

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE the library and of course the bathroom absolutely gorgeous NO way I could have such a decor with three boys :(
    Lynette

    ReplyDelete
  17. This house is so beautiful and so you, Ness.
    Yes, you did save the best for last. I love the idea of having room for an upholstered chair in our bathroom (or a chaise would be even better!).

    xo
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Ness! This house is like a dream or a heavenly little cloud! It is beautiful. I love the White with pale little accents. Gorgeous find!
    xoxo
    Judith~

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very beautiful. I love the touch of pink in the bedroom.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you for the gorgeous house tour Ness - every room is absolutely divine! And...I can't get over the fact that you have bathroom as big as this in your own home. You're one lucky, lucky girl! Lee :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you for the gorgeous house tour Ness - every room is absolutely divine! And...I can't get over the fact that you have bathroom as big as this in your own home. You're one lucky, lucky girl! Lee :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful house! I particularly love the use of French doors on the inside of the house.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am so glad you all loved this home...I thought you would. I will have more to show you soon.

    My bathroom renovation wont be happening for a while so I will be able to sort out all of the ideas for this huge space.
    Ness xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a grand tour you've taken us on Ness! But not a grand house thank goodness, just a beautiful & honest & warm & inviting home. My favourite rooms are the dining room & that cute little bedroom tucked under the eaves. My favourite Ness post of the year!!
    Millie ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh my like dying and going to heaven!! what a beautiful place to surround yourself with.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I am away one week and I may of missed this gorgeous post? yes I fainted!! that dressing room, the bedroom heaven!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, so don't be shy! I try to answer your comments via email and will add answers in the comment form as well. I appreciate you taking the time. xx