Monday, June 15, 2009

Here we go again...

My thoughts have really shifted into gear to do our bathroom which is screaming out for a makeover. So, I have been saving file after file of photos and suppliers and have realised that I actually do know what I would like in here (I thought it was going to be a hard task). This bathroom above would look perfect in our home and has all of the elements I am yearning for in this space. Bath under a window, loads of panelled storage, telephone style taps, venetian mirror, lots of fresh white...and wood floors!
source
Now, Brooke has given me the perfect idea to the wooden floor worries...a tile 'mat'!! I love this idea and think it would make a feature of our claw foot bath if it was under the window. I always thought I wanted a chandelier in here, but after seeing the glass bell jar light Brooke has used, I am loving it. The panelling is superb.
source
I really want to keep a sense of age and nostalgia in this space and would love to hunt down some beautiful taps like these. I have the Samuel Heath catalogue coming to me, which I am sure I will have oodles of wants from.

source
Beaded white walls is high on the list of wants for this rooms, actually must haves, and I love it with this double vanity and the shutters. Our bathroom has some serious privacy issues and I would love to have a clear glass window like in the first photo, so shutters would be great.

source
Our toilet is in the same room (it is a huge space) and for some privacy we have for a long time talked about a nib wall to hide it, but keep the space open. Like this photo, but it would stop where the beading stops and the top part of the wall would be open...does that make sense?
source
We have an old dresser like this which is still dark wood which I have been drawn to for a vanity. We certainly have the space to use it and I would like a white ironstone looking basin on top to keep the old feeling to the room. Crystal knobs will be the go.

source
I do, however like the idea of 2 vanities side by side, but the space is so large a substantial piece like the dresser would fit better in terms of scale.
We have tossed up the idea of separating the shower into a glass frame away from the bath. With the two boys, the idea of a shower space is a must. I love the storage pigeon holes in the reflection.
I want to have some vintage inspired pieces about like jug and bowls filled with flowers, loads of linen towels, candles and clear glass pieces. I really want our home to help dictate what goes into the room to help it feel like part of our home, not just a new addition.
Now the fun begins...budgets! Ness xx

19 comments:

  1. I really like all of your inspirational bathroom photos. Good luck working it out within your budget - you can do it, Ness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please send me some thrift vibes!!!!
    Ness xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all these ideas Ness. I think you should come & design my next bathroom! I can see that you're going to have a truly beautiful bathroom space. Lee :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how fun! It's always so exciting to embark on a renovation! Keep us all updated during the process!! :)

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in bathroom heaven, they are all so beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Be still my beating heart! My perfect bathroom would have many of these same elements - lashings of white, a free standing bath with telephone taps and beadboarding. Good luck with the budget!

    ReplyDelete
  7. such glorious photos of dreamy bathrooms. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ness~
    I love all these images... what ever YOU do will look perfect! You have an amazing eye!
    xo's

    ReplyDelete
  9. So prefft So fresh and So Dreamy! LOVE them Ness~~

    xoxo Noel

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's always exciting to embark upon a renovation project!

    I too have noticed all of the wood floors in bathrooms I have been seeing lately. I am still a fan of tile or natural stone floors in the bathroom, although wood would be less slippery and possibly warmer!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous! You make me want a beautiful white bathroom!

    ReplyDelete
  12. the top photos are so incredible - it's a luxury bathroom!!

    btw, i did a bedroom makeover post on my blog today that you might enjoy...check it out at:
    http://www.froufroufashionista.blogspot.com/

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the tile mat idea...that can be used in so many places.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good luck Ness, Bastow bring out a great range of vintage tap wear that is relatively inexpensive and if you get it in the raw finish it will tarnish and look old in no time. Love the last photo he he Amandax

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Ness,
    Thought I would leave a quick comment in regards to the lovely bathroom pictures....You just can't beat white can you it always looks so clean and fresh and you can accessorize to your hearts content - you know it will always look good and most importantly white will never date - a very important consideration when you are going to be spending money on your home. Also just a thought you mentioned the dresser that you would like to put in and also mentioned a double sink why can't you have both. You could have a double sink like the one in the picture and put the sideboard/vanity in the middle of the two sinks. You could still put an ironstone bowl on top of the sideboard/vanity but put french soaps etc. in it. Then if you are putting in beadboard you could put extra trim on the sideboard/vanity also 'cause let's face it you'll be painting it anyways. Hope this makes sense. Just a thought. I'm sure you will keep us posted with what you are going to do. We'll all be waiting here in blogger land. The lovely Amanda from the Vintage Rose told me about your website a while ago and I've waited all this time for the internet - its fantastic.

    Have a wonderful day

    Take care
    Janine
    XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  16. How inspiring I love them all too hard to choose!!
    Elaine :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Image after image Ness, it just kept getting better & better. Im excited for you. I have a box of vintage bathroom porcelains from the fifties, I've been saving to put into my "roots" home, that is my final place of life, putting down roots, so I'll imagine along on your journey.
    Hope the biys are doing better.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I too have bathrooms on my mind...I just posted some as well :) I never tire of looking through my bathroom file. Hope you are having a great week. Ax

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, so don't be shy! I try to answer your comments via email and will add answers in the comment form as well. I appreciate you taking the time. xx