Sunday, June 21, 2009

Still life from home x 2....

After a busy weekend, I thought a still life with some of my favourite things was in order seeing I don't usually post on weekends.
My favourite chair in our bedroom, my lovely market basket, that does double duty holding flowers on a table in our room, my old mirror that weighs a tonne, old frame and a letter 'D' for Declan. This photo wasn't staged, I was moving some things around (as usual) and had just put these here while I moved the table they live on now. It looked nice, so I took a picture.
This next still life features some little dish cloths I just bought off Scraps n Things. They are too pretty to use though and look great next to a bowl of Apples and my fire starter Lavender bundle....don't you just love afternoon sun light? Happy Winter Solstice! I hope you have enjoyed your weekend...the party was a hit and we are all pooped!! =0)
Ness xx

12 comments:

  1. So glad to hear the birthday party went well. I had forgotten all about the Winter Solstice until you mentioned it. So nice to know that we'll be getting just a little bit more sunshine in each day now until the Summer Solstice. Lee :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bring on the sunshine I say. I am over Winter this year.
    Ness xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello!
    the pictures are so so wonderful...i love it!
    i´m your fan!
    hugs from germany,
    barbara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty pictures! Love the dish cloths, you're right...way too pretty to use.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful.
    I love the colour of those apples.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favorites are your favorites everywhere..
    Happy Fathers Day to Mic!
    xx's

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sad if the sun is returning as it never got cold enough in Sydney! I love the light in the apple shot. Just gorgeous. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pictures. Love the flowers on the chair the most. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A picturesque accident. Winter for you, Summer for me & still we connect. How wonderful in this invention!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Ness,

    What a wonderful surprise to see that you've done a post on a weekend. Lucky us!! Loved both photo's. Glad the party was a hit. Counting down the days until homeMADE!!!

    Take Care

    Janine
    XXOO

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, so don't be shy! I try to answer your comments via email and will add answers in the comment form as well. I appreciate you taking the time. xx