Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Flags and my office...

From my files - mag no longer in print

What is it about flags that have me hooked? Not sure, but I do know that I would love and old, faded, slightly tattered one to fill my office wall. This US one is fantastic propped against the wall and I have long loved this photo because of this flag in the frame.
This is my office at present and this wall is where I envision the tattered fabric. Being that I am of Scottish heritage (all my family were born there) and Australian (I was the only one born here), I think it would be fitting to have the St Andrews cross and an Aussie flag together...

unknown...sorry!
...or a Union jack which is an amazing design against white walls.
Now, I am not about to start a new redecorating project in my office..although tempting...because I have so much on at the moment, but I have been sitting here thinking 'I really want to change something...anything around!'. The fact I am in here makes sense.

Restoration Hardware
So some other things I would love in here would be some of these little destination signs, which I think I will have a go at myself...
Decorpad
...loads of shelves and white painted floors like we have in our bedroom. The current carpet in here is old and three different brown tones...eew!

Sarah Richardson
And to finish -linen and white covered books to fill the shelves. To think this all started with a photo of a flag!!.....
Ness xx

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like your plate is full, but sometimes it's nice to be able to think through new designs a while before being able to implement them. You have some great ideas.
    marcie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaaah yes the white covered books, I started on this a while ago and got some curious looks from hubby, ha ha, really though, he's quite used to me diving into a project such as this and is usually quite impressed with the outcome. Great to have you following my posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a flag fetish too at the moment. Love the office! Looks great, and very relaxing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Flags are so 'the thing' at the moment, especially the Union Jack. They do look great. XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. You now you have a wonderful flag in the US. The Belgian 3 coloured (red,yellow and black)is not the one that I would hang in my office!

    I do have the same thoughts today as you Ness! I also like to change something in my office! But I don't know what for the moment, inspiration has to come...

    Greet

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous idea Ness. great to have a flag that tells the story of your family's heritage. x Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great ideas, love the pictures. We are in the middle of updating our office and I am currently looking for suitable storage baskets.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the last pic - white on white - often is perfect like this

    ReplyDelete
  9. I could definitely work in a space like that. My office is more of a map room with some bits of art deco thrown in. These clean simple lines with contrast really set a nice bit of expectation though whereas my maps tend to open to door to a slow wanderer . . . hmmm, maybe I could be more productive.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooo i like your thinking, I have always had a thing for the UK flag. But have always felt a bit wary of having it up, incase people thought i was a bit NF. But i am trying to reclaim it :D.

    I found this site and had a load of fun creating an American/British(the Scotish part lol)/Austrailian flag. Go have fun.

    http://www.wearemulticolored.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, so don't be shy! I try to answer your comments via email and will add answers in the comment form as well. I appreciate you taking the time. xx