Thursday, December 3, 2009

My love for Mora...and a blog surprise

Homes and Gardens Mag
Nothing says Swedish style to me more than the Mora clock. I have never seen such a statement piece before that is more beautiful. I especially love how each Mora clock is unique because of the flaky paint that many Mora's now have because of their age...it shows up other layers, colours from different decorating schemes, like a timeline of each Mora's history.
via willow Decor
My favourite ones are the grey and white hued Mora clocks and especially the ones that have a hand painted "Mora" on the clock face.
True antiques and exquisite masterpieces.

On another note, the lovely Michelle from the well know My Notting Hill blog, asked myself and other bloggers to "attend" a virtual Baby Shower for Lauren Liess of Pure Style Home blog fame. Lauren is due to have her second child this month and we all 'gave' Lauren presents which Michelle put into a surprise post. Go to the post and see what I gave Lauren by clicking HERE.
Thanks Michelle for asking me and good luck to you, Lauren.
Ness xx

10 comments:

  1. Love it...just so nostalgic looking..love big old clocks. Enjoy your blog..will come visit again. Anna x
    http://lonadeanna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ness what beautiful clocks you have featured.
    Just going to check the baby shower post
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for giving that clock design a name I had never heard or read that. Thanks for the help. I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I WANT that clock
    Great pics thanks for posting. Come visit me some time at momsgotmanyhats.blogspot.com for more decorating ideas

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi:

    I´ve visited your website http://marleyandlockyer.blogspot.com/ and I was wondering if it would be possible to get a link to my partner's website on it?

    I'll place a link back to you in this other websites, your link will be placed exactly here:

    http://www.allhabo.com/ page rank 3 (It´s a Security Guide website)

    If you agree, then please link to me using these details:


    TITLE: Money Pen
    URL: http://www.c-p-p.co.uk/product/asp/ProdID/2059/CtgID/1016/af/page.htm
    DESCRIPTION: Check the authenticity of bank notes with the Money Pen.

    Please don't forget to send me the title of your website after you place my link so I can do the same in less than 24 hours, otherwise you can delete my link from your site.

    I´ll be waiitng for your kind reply

    Regards


    Aimee Carter
    Online Marketing Consultant
    aimee.carter@allhabo.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous and i wish i had a spot for one!!!!

    thank you so much for yesterday- you all are just too sweet!! it made my day (and today too! :)

    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too, love these clocks. I have a picture of one of them in my 'style file'and whenever I have a rummage through, I fall in love with it again.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, so don't be shy! I try to answer your comments via email and will add answers in the comment form as well. I appreciate you taking the time. xx