Wednesday, July 14, 2010

What Was In The Reflection???

This is what is in the reflection from yesterdays post...my new artwork for above our sofa!
Remember I have had a lot of pieces here while I found something more permanent - is there such a thing? not in our house anyway =0) My dear Mum and Dad brought these for me as a gift and I am so pleased with what they chose.
Knowing my love of vintage, antique pieces I think the images show these so well. One with a set of suitcases and the words 'London 1920' (you may notice I use 1920 in some of my prints on my covers in my store too) and the other with a dressmakers form and the word 'Milano'. How I would love a dressmakers form from Milan, Paris...actually anywhere to be honest!

I really like how they look and at first was unsure about the frames, but once my Dad hung them I loved them. The tones tie in with our home very well and I do like the silvery colour of the frames...oh and I will remember to get the other hook from the wall out - just wanted to show you what it looked like =0)
What do you think?
Ness xx

14 comments:

  1. I think you're so lucky to have parents who buy tasteful things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kerry,
    They are amazing parents thats for sure =0)
    Ness xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful prints and wonderful parents! I think they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful pictures Ness! Your parents sound so amazing, your a lucky girl! I have some pieces from my parents that really bring back some great memories! Hope you had a great day, mine is just starting.
    Love
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look perfect. So nice that your parents know what would please you. You are lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hola! Thanks for sharing all your re-do-ing. Everything looks great. I like to call what we do "serial redecorating", and despite what my husband sez, I find nothing wrong with it at all! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Mum and Dad were sweet to
    get them for you! They are
    simply beautiful...look perfect
    in the room!

    Jane
    Flora Doora

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are lovely, and full marks to your Mum and Dad for knowing exactly what you would like. I like the modern touch the silver frames give to the vintage subject.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Ness, your Mum and Dad are really good to you, always buying you little treasures and they have such good taste! Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think these pictures look perfect Ness. I find myself always using mirrors behind sofa's but am really liking the look of art more and more.
    10 out of 10 to your Mum and Dad!
    Angex

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Ness,
    Really like the two pictures behind the couch and love the frames as well. The pictures themselves are really lovely..hope you're having a great day today.
    Take care
    Janine
    XXOO
    N.W. Coast Tassie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ness 'The Parents' did good...didn't they. Love them.
    Didn't notice the other hook until I read it was still there
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay to your fabulous parents Ness! The pictures and frames look gorgeous on your wall! Lucky lady :) ~ Tina xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous picks Ness I to would love a dressmakers form I can never find the style I like & when I do it's to expensive, one day i'm sure!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, so don't be shy! I try to answer your comments via email and will add answers in the comment form as well. I appreciate you taking the time. xx