Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Chalkboard wall, and shelves....

Over the break I have had a little clean out, re-organise of the workroom we affectionately call
"The Sweat Shop"
Lately, well for a long time, I have been wanting a blackboard wall but didn't know where to put it at the time.
I found just the spot the other day!
Here is the wall before, 
and............. 

....here it is after.
You will see that I have changed the room around...again!
That is one of the great things about The Sweat Shop,
it is so changeable!
Depending on what I am working on, everything can be moved.

My office table is against the wall at the moment and I am thinking that this is where it will stay
(don't quote me on that though)
While I was busy doing all of this, I was also building DIY shelving units to house the masses
of clay tags waiting to be cured.

you know the ones you get at the Hardware store?
Yep, those. They are brilliant.
There are tonnes of tags on the shelves now...piles and piles.
I love looking at them all stacked high in their respective piles, all sorted into shapes, collections etc.
It is satisfying.
My Dad made some fabric shelves for me too, so now I have all of my linens in colour blocks, fabric types, vintage groups etc...I love to be organised.
I can honestly say now that I have NO idea how I functioned without these new shelves.
I think I need some more!
Do you have loads of storage?

13 comments:

  1. It all looks great! That blackboard wall will be so handy.
    Yes, luckily I have a studio/sewing/art room with a wall of storage that we built. Boy, it was really hard work but I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    what a wonderful idea the blackboard next to the office table!!
    The necklace on the black storage is made of wood??? Do you make it?
    I have to sew/create in our kitchen, but this year we will close a huge "logde" on the first floor and I will finally have my own "atelier"!!!!
    HAPPY NEW YEAR
    tanja

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your chalkboard is great and I really love your little chandelier over your desk. I always feel so much better when things are organized so I know how you feel! Love your clay tags too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hah. I bought chalkboard paint years ago and never decided where to put it either. Like how yours is the perfect space by your desk.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your new black board too but the shelving is perfection!

    Happy New Year!

    best, Kelley

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's gorgeous! Who wouldn't want to work in there?

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can never have too much storage. I always love a blackboard. Yours is huge! It will be so handy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, I love the wall turned into a big chalkboard!!! You have a wonderful and very organized workroom. I'm inspired to do something about mine!

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the chalkboard wall! Perfect!

    Jane
    Flora Doora

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Ness,

    As we speak (!!!) the computer guy has just pulled out of the driveway.....I have had a sick computer for the last week. AAAAHHH so good to be back!!

    Loved seeing the photo's of your 'sweat shop'. All looking fabulous. Pretty lucky here, have built ins in the bedroom etc., linen closet in the hallway and a little room off the kitchen for the pantry. I'm lucky than some, it gets filled up pretty quickly if you don't keep an eye on things, doesn't it.

    Enjoy your new space, I can hear you buzzing from here!

    Off to catch up on the rest of your posts.

    Take care
    Janine
    XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love visiting your blog. A whole wall to write notes, ideas and doodle, Yes!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love your 'sweat shop' makeover! the blackboard is very striking. i am loving decorating with blackboards and writing up inspiring quotes on them for the family :) Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your studio is gorgeous! Can never have too much storage!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, so don't be shy! I try to answer your comments via email and will add answers in the comment form as well. I appreciate you taking the time. xx