Monday, June 25, 2012

Winter-fy-ing ...

Winter has hit here in Australia and especially here in Tasmania
and as you may know by now, I am always looking for a project of some sort.
At the moment, I have this urge to 'winter-fy' our Old Lady.
We still haven't put our hall runner out yet
(we take it up in the Summer) and the hall feels bare.
I did however light scented white candles today while I worked
which was lovely, but there needs to be more added.
Warm weight quilts will be going on top of our feather doonas, arrangements will be moved and rearranged.
I feel like The Old Lady has been neglected while Mic and I have been franticly working on the bathroom and workroom...she needs some love and attention and now that have a 
few lighter weeks ahead without design Markets looming,
I plan on doing just that.

There has been lots of images which have me thinking....

I know tiles can be cold underfoot, but these are too pretty to hide.
The browns and greys have me inspired!

Today felt a little like this, but I exaggerate. The sun was shining, but it was only 8 degrees C 

The kitchen will be getting a much needed sorting out too.
I plan on having a garage sale to get rid of a lot of the pieces that are stored that we no longer use
to make way for new items...and of course old items.
I'm on a mission!
First up will be the new workroom reveal though!! =0))


8 comments:

  1. Ah, I would love to come to your garage sale, its just too far to travel on an early morning, sigh. I love to use my down comforter all year long, it is just right to pull up on a cool summer night (it cools down here in the evenings in the summer)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our temps will be 103 today here in the Texas Panhandle. Looking at your cozy photos has made me realize that I really do love winter too. Heck...each season has its influence. Your photos are very wonderful, I love to look at them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely time for winterfying. It's been so cold.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH MY SO MUCH INSPIRATION...JUST HOPE YOU ARE ENJOYING THE "COLD" WE ARE HOPING FOR SOME SUN!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ness,
    While you are busy warming things up in your home we are busy cooling ours off!

    Love your pretty bedroom. Keep us posted.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are having winter......so hard to believe when it is hot here. Your pictures make me want winter to come. I love winter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely images - that top bedroom is absolutely gorgeous - what a beautiful colour palette!
    Despite apparently being 'Summer' we are desperately searching for sun here in the UK!
    Paula xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh yes..lots of fluffy pillows and doonas.. candles and jugs of winter flowers.. 16 degrees here in sunny queensland tomorrow the coldest in ages.. bbrrrrrr...
    Bec x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, so don't be shy! I try to answer your comments via email and will add answers in the comment form as well. I appreciate you taking the time. xx