Monday, October 31, 2011

Preparations, Love and a special Birthday!

As seems to be the way of late, my poor blog has been unkempt as I wade through what seems to be a fabric bomb that has exploded in my workroom!!
My prep for the next two, that's right TWO almost back-to-back markets, has been smooth so far. I actually have a handle on them.
Now I know what I am in for, I feel relaxed, and all I have to do is a little bit of printing and some clay work and I am done, ready to go.
I have a small headache kit prepared too...just in case after the last episode.
...even my stall layout is sorted!

I found this gorgeous pic of Jane from Life On Planet Baby blog fame, perusing my Marley & Lockyer stall at the last Boutique Markets in Hobart.
I adore this shot that market owner, Rachael took.
A wonderful snippet of the day.


 So, first up I will be here, the Boutique Markets in the lovely Hobart and then,
12 days later at Niche-All Wrapped Up, for their wonderful Christmas market in our home city of Launceston....so creating covers, clay tags, jewelry as well as some wonderful, exclusive Christmas pieces has been my main priority at the moment.

On another note, my dear Dad, who is here with us from N.S.W, turned 71 today!!!!
Halloween is always special to us, not for the normal celebrations, but because it my Dad's day.
It has been wonderful having him here and I got to spend LOADS of time with him today, just Dad and I.....I loved it.

Here he is with me on our Wedding day.
I adore this shot.
Love you Dad xxx


On yet another note,
SUPER EXCITING NEWS COMING SOON, SOON, SOON =0)

8 comments:

  1. What a sweet post! Happy Birthday to your Dad! That is a fantastic photo of the two of you. It captures the moment beautifully. So nice that you shared it with us. Have a wonderful week.
    P.S. Good luck at your markets :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ness,
    Great photo of Jane looking at your goodies! And your dad shares this day with my youngest, lovely to read abour you and your dad, since my dad got ill, I always smile reading stories about dad's and their daughters...enjoy the week,
    Maureen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous. Just discovered you blog, and love your style combining the beautifully thrifted items with a sweet, clean, whimsical design! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm excited about the market, Jane and I hope to come together.
    Happy birthday to your dad, there are so many bdays at this time of year :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, thanks for this, Lovely! I must do my catch-up post of the last market, too ☺. Yes, Sarah and I are really looking forward to seeing you on Sunday. J x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to your Dad! I haven't been to a market for so long!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, Happy Birthday to your Dad!! Best wishes for the market on the weekend, I can't wait to hear all about it ~ xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happiest Birthday to your dad. What a great photo of the two of you on your special day. Looks like you had a great time at the market.

    Paula

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, so don't be shy! I try to answer your comments via email and will add answers in the comment form as well. I appreciate you taking the time. xx