Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Two Art Directors...Industrial Love!

Today I had an email with a link to an Etsy store called Two Art Directors from Jamie, the owner saying that the items in the store represented my aesthetic, so intrigued, I had to look.

Wow! The images I am showing you now are just some of the ones that I thought were very interesting...like this Industrial gauge above which would look great on a wall along side some nautical paraphernalia or in a little boys room with racing car items.

Or this galvanised bucket which is huge...and has a lovely patina to it. I would imagine this filled with fluffy white rolled towels along side a white claw foot bath under a crystal, vintage chandelier.


Always a lover of old lamps like this.

This one is from the Aladdin Manufacturing Company and is circa 1900's. i love the fact that it has that industrial look and has the decorative base to it...very nice.

This is amazing!!! It is from the Canadian Department of Agriculture and is dated 1912. It is actually a weed and plant specimen set which has the original contents in it but two. How cool is that. I wonder if there is anything that I would recognise in there...i seem to attract weeds in the garden!...but my favourite one is this.

It is an adding machine from the 1900's and would look great in my barn!
To have a detailed look at these amazing items and all of the other beauties in this store, visit Two Art Directors.
Ness xx
USB problem is all better and the fires have all but gone. We even had a sprinkling of rain today!

13 comments:

  1. I grew up with my mother hunched over a Comptometer on the kitchen table. She would add all the figures for the wool companies running her own business from our kitchen table. Hard work and I'm sure that resulted in her bad back and neck pains. Will we be like that in 40 years time having spent most of our lives hunched over computers? Recently saw one in a very bad state at an Antique Market for $15. For the record that was the 1970's not the 1900's!!!! Her machine was a little more modern than the one here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I checked them out - very cool stuff. I am with you, I love that old adding machine. All the best, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the seed collection - fantastic group of images :)

    oh and glad to hear the USB started behaving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love using scientific & industrial elements from the past to play off the softness of fabrics. I am deeply in love with apothecary antiques...comes with my background. Let me know if you ever stumble upon any of those treasures.

    Cheers~
    e

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, wow, wow. Stunningly beautiful and right up my ally!
    Of to check it out now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ness!
    Happy New Year!
    I am SO happy you came to visit me!!!!!!!!! I am so glad you liked the chandelier post. I have so many posts up my sleeve for the new year. I can't wait to post them all...but I don't want to wish the year away so I will have to be patient.
    But again, I'm so happy you came to visit:) Looking forward to more in the new year!
    I'm glad you got your USB fixed. Dealing with computers can be sooo frustrating. Stay cool, my friend and have a great day!
    XoXo
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds wonderful jules. I havent been so lucky to find one yet...but I have my eyes open.
    Ness xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lori. There were a few people I was tinking of when I wrote this and Brooke Giannetti and yourself were at the top of the list. I now how much you like industrial finds. Have fun.
    Ness xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Megan,
    I will be sure to let you know. I love anything Apothecary and am always on the lookout.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are welcome Gail. Cant wait to see what you have planned.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yep, that last one is the one I'd pick!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so happy for you in regard to the fires! One question though, how would you clean that washtub before putting in your towels? I have a few of them...outside. I also have an old black adding machine...in my wee barn. But it's probably not that cool and old. What wonderful things! Thank you for sharing! I'll be sure to check out their store.

    : )

    Julie M.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Unbelievable! Looks amazing! just found blog glad i did! lulu

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, so don't be shy! I try to answer your comments via email and will add answers in the comment form as well. I appreciate you taking the time. xx